10 Tips to Glam Up Your Apartment on the Cheap
The holidays are right around the corner, which means you’ll be spending lots of quality time inside with friends and family – are you and your apartment ready? Interior design expert and founder of Dinette.com, Michael Craig, shares 10 budget-friendly tips on how to glam-up your apartment without draining your wallet.
1. Less is More. Take away unnecessary items that distract the eye from the Main Event. De-clutter.
2. Jazzy pillows. Add some to spice up your boring sofa.
3. Orchids. Orchids always add class to any apartment – make sure to water accordingly and watch them spread cheer.
4. Add a shiny bowl to your tabletop – nuts look great in a glitzy silver bowl.
5. Put a runner on your tabletop. Not only does it protect, but it adds charm and style.
6. Candles. Adding the opportunity for a romantic moment is always classy. Go easy on the scent!
7. Edit your framed pictures – too much is too much!
8. Live Plants. Putting a live plant in your home is never wrong – but proportional size is key.
9. Rugs and runners. Add a runner or rug to give warmth to your space.
10. Dimmers are key – mood lighting always helps controls the ambiance.
While the décor of your apartment is important when hosting, the absolute must-have item for any party (whether it’s for fondue dipping or cookie decorating) is a table where all can congregate to be together. No matter how big or small, narrow or tall your apartment may be, there is a table that will compliment your space. Visit Dinette.com to browse a huge selection of dinette sets that allow you to stay on budget without sacrificing style.
From our friends at dinette.com